In addition to combating health conditions, disease, and controlling weight, exercise provides many other
benefits that promote overall health and well-being.
- Exercise will make you sharper mentally.
- Exercise will improve your flexibility, making you less likely to suffer falls and injuries.
- Exercise offsets the effects of diseases such as diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol.
- Exercise reduces your risk of illness by ensuring that your body is equipped to create antibodies and
cells to fight germs.
- Healthy weight loss improves self-esteem.
- Exercise helps you sleep better by creating mood and stress-reducing endorphins.
- Exercise improves your mood because those endorphins also lower anxiety and depression.